Wednesdays, Weekly at 6:00 p.m. during Lent
Reflective and meditative Taizé-style worship services are offered every Wednesday during the Lenten season.
This style of worship is intended to promote a sense of inner peace – allowing the worshiper to be more open and attentive to the spirit of God. The goal of a Taizé style service is spiritual communion through meaningful contemplation, meditation and silence.
After the worship service, all are invited for a soup supper in the lounge of the church.
Palm Sunday, April 14
Join us for Palm Sunday worship services, where the entire congregation is given the opportunity to process into worship waving palm branches. A delicious brunch will be served in the lounge beginning at 9:30 a.m.
Maundy Thursday, April 18
- All women are invited to a Maundy Thursday brunch and program. This year, Spring Lake Presbyterian Women will host the brunch at their church, located at 760 East Savidge Street in Spring Lake. The speaker will be Lori Hastings, a children’s book author who has MS and uses a voice activated computer to help her write. RSVP to your Circle leader, or if you are not in a Circle, contact Sue Ochs to say you’ll attend.
- Maundy Thursday Worship Service with the combined choirs of First Congregational Church of Muskegon and our own Geneva Choir, here at First Presbyterian Church.
Good Friday, April 19
- All men are invited to Spring Lake Presbyterian Church for worship and breakfast, beginning at 7 a.m. SLPC is located at 760 East Savidge Street in Spring Lake. No RSVP required.
- Good Friday Stations of the Cross at FPC. From 7 am-7 pm, the sanctuary will be open for you to journey through the stations of the cross at your own pace.
- Good Friday Worship Service with the combined choirs of First Congregational Church of Muskegon, and our own Geneva Choir, at FCC (1201 Jefferson Street, Muskegon, MI 49441). The worship service begins at 7 p.m.
Saturday, April 20
Easter Egg Hunt, 10 a.m.
Sunday, April 21
Please join us for one (or more!) of our Easter worship services:
7 a.m. Sunrise Service (flowering of the cross)
8:45 a.m. Traditional Service (with the Geneva Choir, brass and Timpani)
11:00 a.m. Contemporary Service (with music from the Gathering Band)